Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Four Races Since August!

Well, it's been a while. Since school started, I haven't been good about keeping up with my race blog. But now I am going to be doing my second Ironman in Arizona this Sunday, so I wanted to update my blog before I go.

The first race to talk about is the America's Finest City Half Marathon that was on August 21, 2011. I remember that I wasn't really psyched up about this half marathon as we had an important family function later that morning, and I had to hurry up and get home. So I just experimented with this half marathon (like I've done before). I wanted to see how far I could make it going as fast as I could before I ran out of gas. The answer was 10 miles! Granted the first part of this race is downhill and the last part of the race is uphill, I still had fun trying! My time was 1:55:59. I placed 26 out of 211. I completed the triple crown for the first time, and it was some nice bling!

Next is the Trirock San Diego Sprint Triathlon. This is the first time I competed in this race and the second time this race has been held. I really had a good time doing this race, and I would do it again. I came in second place in my age group (50-54) out of 35 women. I was 21 out of 470 women overall. My swim time was slow as usual, 10:14. My bike time was fast for me, 28:47, a 19.8 pace, and my run time was 24:40. The bike course was very bad, many, many potholes. I saw many riders with flats. There were also train tracks that were difficult to ride around, and I saw some riders with cuts and scrapes from crashing on the tracks. They definitely need to fix that bike course!

On October 2, 2011, I competed in the Mission Bay Triathlon. I came in fourth out of 32. My swim time was 11:20, bike time was 30:11, run time was 25:26. I was 51 out of all of the women. I thought I had placed in this race as I saw no one around me, but there's always one woman who's ahead! I felt I had a good race even with training for an Ironman and being stressed and overloaded with school work.

The last race I have competed in was the Long Beach Half Marathon. I had done a four hour bike ride the day before, but I still had one of the best half marathon races I ever had! If I had not done that ride the day before, there is no doubt in my mind that I would have had a PR! My total time was 1:52:32. My pace was 8:36. I came in 17 out of 516 in my age group and 353 out of 6327 women, with an age graded scoring of 67.10 percent.

Well, that's all for now. My next post will be a big one containing my Ironman Arizona race story, my last race of 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment