I have prepared my race schedule for 2011 in which I will turn 51 years old, so I'm going to call this racing year Planet 51!I really haven't been able to come up with a new short-term attainable goal that is satisfying to me since I completed Ironman Couer D'Alene in June, but I think the purpose and focus of my racing has changed from "get as fast as I possibly can and try to win/qualify" to "this is so much fun and a great way to stay fit and healthy." So with that being said, I know I can and still will make improvements in my racing, but it's more important now for me to remain fit and injury free so I can kick butt when I'm 80!
JANUARY 15th - Stagecoach Century Ride
JANUARY 23rd - Carlsbad Half Marathon
FEBRUARY 13th - San Dieguito Half Marathon
APRIL 2nd - Ironman California 70.3
APRIL 17th - La Jolla Half Marathon
MAY 1st - Spring Sprint Triathlon
MAY 21st - San Diego Century Ride
JUNE 26th - San Diego International Triathlon
JULY 24th - Solana Beach Duathlon
JULY 31st - San Francisco Marathon (My 10th marathon!)
AUGUST 21st - America's Finest City Half Marathon (to complete the triple crown)
SEPTEMBER 10th - Heartbreak Ridge Half Marathon
OCTOBER 2nd - Mission Bay Triathlon
OCTOBER 17th - Long Beach Half Marathon
NOVEMBER 20th - Ironman Arizona
The main focus of my training this year will be for Ironman California 70.3 and Ironman Arizona.
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment