
I participated in the SDIT on June 26, 2011, which consisted of a 1K swim, a 30K bike, and a 10K run. I PR'd by 8 and a half minutes from 2009. I placed 7th out of 25. I didn't compete in 2010 because of IMCDA.
My swim time was 19:08 (9th). I was really hoping to improve my swim time from 18:53. I started way to fast and began to hyperventilate, which I shouldn't have done. It is hard for me to remember to start slow when I am really excited to begin racing! Then I was breathing so hard, I couldn't get my rhythm and my bilateral breathing down. I had to breath on one side to catch my breath which caused me to swim slower and not in a straight line. Additionally, I was kicked or slapped (don't know which) and my goggles got knocked off crooked.
My bike time (56:19) was considerably faster than last time (1:00:45). I really wanted to ride in under 57 minutes, and I accomplished that goal. I felt really comfortable on my new bike, and I was able to go a lot faster on the downhills than I would have been able to do on my old shaky bike. I came in 9th on the bike.
I felt really good on the run. I didn't feel fatigued and run out of energy. I had energy the whole way and I was able to keep a great pace (8:15). My time was 51:18 this year, four and a half minutes faster than 2009 (55:44). My favorite part of the day was in the last quarter of a mile when I passed a woman who always beats me! I came in 4th place on the run.
My total time was 2:10:37, up from 2:18:58 in 2009.
No comments:
Post a Comment